Covid-19 has caused great damage on the health and economy on a global scale. The pandemic has turned the world upside down and everything has been impacted. How we live and interact with each other, how we work and communicate, how we move around and travel. Every aspect of our lives has been affected. Medical travel during COVID-19 may be a concern to many patients. In this article, we’ll answer your questions and concerns about medical travel and safety. The measures taken to minimize the risk of the spread in Turkey may put an end to your worries.
Is it safe to travel to Turkey during COVID-19?
Turkey’s Culture and Tourism Ministry has launched “The Healthy Tourism Certification” program as part of novel coronavirus precautions which covers among other things hotels, restaurants, tour and transfer vehicles. This certificate is required to reopen facilities and determines the means and basic measures intended to decrease the anxiety of infection with COVID-19, meet high hygiene and safety expectations and prevent infection and the spreading of the virus. You can find more detailed information by visiting the website of the Tourism Ministry.
Are airports keeping you safe during the pandemic?
Travel during COVID-19 can cause anxiety but to ensure that your travel becomes safe and comfortable, strict measures are applied. Passengers must wear a mask both in the terminal and on board. Passengers and visitors not wearing a mask will be denied both access to the terminal and boarding to protect public health. The body temperature of all passengers is checked by thermal camera screening at the terminal entrance and all luggage passing through X-rays is sanitized with UV (ultraviolet) light. Hand sanitizers are available in all areas open to passengers from the moment they enter the terminal building. The terminal is supplied with fresh air 24/7. The moving walkways in the terminal are cleaned regularly with a UV (ultraviolet) system. The terminal building is cleaned by UV (ultraviolet) autonomous robotic cleaners. Passenger buses operated by ground handling services are disinfected after every use. Passengers will be ensured to comply with social distance rules at the airports. All of the rules had been set up for your health.
Are hotels safe during the pandemic?
The Ministry of Health had announced the precautions hotels should take due to covid-19.
- Records of the guests staying at the hotels will be kept completely and regularly.
- The registration form will include contact, passport information, the countries where it has been in the last 14 days, and the travel plan within the country after the stay.
- Guests will be provided with written information about the measures and practices regarding hygiene with the Covid-19 at the reception and the rules to be followed by the guests.
- Body temperature measurements will be made with a thermal sensor at the entry and exit.
- Necessary arrangements will be carried out so that the hotel meetings, teleconferences, and training programs for employees can be held online.
- Printable wall charts will be prepared and hung in personnel areas and general areas for Covid-19 and hygiene practices. The schemes will be translated into at least 3 languages.
- Hotel management will make an individual decision to provide bellboy service during the pandemic. Those who want to get this service will sign an information protocol.
- In case of detection of a patient, symptom, or suspect case (including the requirements of the Epidemic Disease Crisis Management), the people and institutions to be reached will be determined.
Safety measures in our clinic
Your safety is our highest priority. During this global COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to giving you a safe, reliable place to receive care is even more important to us. We’ve added new precautions to minimize risk of COVID-19 transmission.
We apply minimum distance in the clinic lobby and before entering the clinic, your body temperature will be measured for fever. We also use state-of-the-art digital and contactless infrared thermometers. Areas such as waiting rooms, lobbies and restrooms are cleaned often with special attention to frequently touched surfaces including doorknobs, armrests and handrails. All rooms, including exam rooms and surgery rooms are fully cleaned and disinfected between each patient.
All staff wear masks and all patients and anyone with them will be asked to wear a mask. Hand sanitizer is available at each entrance and at numerous locations throughout the clinic. Since Covid-19, we have dispensed with shaking hands as a greeting. Moreover, we do regular corona tests for all employees. Every member of our teams is committed to keeping our patients and staff safe.