Women may experience loss of volume and elasticity in breast due to childbearing, breastfeeding, genetics, weight gain, weight loss and aging. At WorldClinica we perform high quality breast uplift procedures to eliminate these cosmetic problems. Breast uplift, also known as mastopexy, is a surgery performed to remove extra loose skin from the breasts and to lift and reshape them, to make them look more youthful.
A breast uplift procedure may be considered if:
- Your breasts sag and have lost shape and volume
- Your breasts have gotten flatter and longer
- Your nipples fall below your breast creases
- Your nipples and areolae point downward
- Your areolae have stretched out of proportion to your breasts
- One of your breasts falls lower than the other
How is breast uplift performed?
Breast uplift surgery is performed under a general anesthetic and usually takes about two to three hours. There are three main techniques and depending on your breast size, shape and the look you want your surgeon will advise you which is most appropriate for you. All of them result in different scarring patterns, however the scars won’t be visible when you’re wearing a bra or bikini. The different techniques are the following:
- Incisions around your areola, which is best for narrow breasts that only need a small amount of lift.
- Incisions around your areola and in a vertical line down to the crease below your breast which is the better option for narrower breasts with mild-to-moderate sagging and only slight nipple movement needed.
- Incisions around your areola, in a vertical line to the crease below your breast and along the crease in an anchor shape. This option is best for wide breasts with a lot of sagging and more nipple movement needed.
After performing the proper incision technique for you, the surgeon will remove extra skin and lift your breast tissue up into the proper location. If you’re getting implants at the same time, the surgeon will insert them and then close and bandage your breasts. You may have tiny drains in your breast. Your surgeon may also reduce the size of the areola area around your nipple to suit your new breast size
Who are good candidates for the breast uplift procedures?
- You are physically healthy and maintain a stable weight
- You do not smoke
- Your breasts sag or have lost shape and volume
- Your breasts have a flatter, elongated shape or are pendulous
- Your nipples fall below the breast crease
- Your breasts are pointing downward
- You have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- One breast is lower than the other
- You have realistic expectations regarding the outcome
Benefits of a breast uplift procedure
- Long lasting results.
- Improved shape, projection, and symmetry of breasts.
- More youthful appearance.
- Better fit of clothes and improved self-confidence.
- Be able to wear clothing without the need for a bra.
- There will only be light scarring.
Recovery and results
Patients should expect bruising and swelling to the breasts and surrounding areas and may experience tightness, discomfort and sensitivity following their procedure.
In order to minimize swelling and to support your breasts during the healing process, you will be required to wear an elastic bandage or a support bra. Numbness in your nipples, areolae and breast skin might last for about six weeks. The patient should avoid straining, bending and lifting and sleep on the back or side to keep pressure off the breasts. Avoiding sexual activity for at least one to two weeks after the breast lift is important. A change in the appearance of your breasts will be noticed immediately, although their shape will continue to change and settle over the next few months. Furthermore, incision lines should begin to fade.
You can reach us from our 24/7 whatsapp line.