Breasts are often considered as the symbol of femininity. For some women, breast augmentation is a way to feel more confident. For others, it’s part of rebuilding the breast for various conditions. At WorldClinica, we are able to offer one of the most experienced plastic surgeons in Turkey to perform your breast augmentation procedure. Breast augmentation is a surgery to increase breast size. It involves inserting breast implants under breast tissue or chest muscles. Implants are usually made of synthetic silicone rubber shells filled with silicone gel or a saline solution. In some cases, fat cells from another part of your body can also be used for the augmentation procedure. The average life span of a breast implant is 15-20 years but there are some factors that can shorten the lifespan of a breast implant such as weight loss or weight gain that may impact the appearance of your breasts.
Some of the common indications for undergoing a breast augmentation procedure include the following:
- Enhance your breast appearance
- Reconstruct the breast following breast removal surgery or mastectomy
- Increase breast size after pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Correct uneven breasts due to previous surgery or other conditions
- Improve your self-confidence and self-image
How is breast augmentation performed?
Breast augmentation is procedure performed using general anesthesia. It is done by placing implants behind breast tissue or under the chest muscle. An implant is a sac filled with either sterile salt water (saline) or a material called silicone.
Your surgeon makes a single surgical cut in one of 3 places:
- inframammary (beneath your breast)
- axillary (in the underarm)
- periareolar (in the tissue surrounding your nipples)
After making the surgical cut, your surgeon separates the muscles and connective tissue of the chest from the breast tissue to make a pocket either in front or behind the muscles of the chest Wall. Your implants will then be placed inside these pockets and centered inside your breasts. If saline implants are used, your surgeon will fill them with sterile saline solution once the shell has been placed. Silicone implants are already pre-filled with silicone gel prior to the placement. When the implant is in place, the surgeon will close the incision
Who are good candidates for breast augmentation?
You may be a candidate for breast augmentation if you:
- Are in good physical and mental health. Aren’t pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have realistic expectations
- Have fully developed breasts
- Feel that your breasts are too small
- Have lost shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss or with aging
- Lack fullness on upper part of your breast
- Have asymmetrical breasts
- Have abnormally developed breasts
Recovery and Results
In most cases, recovery takes about 6 weeks. Every woman’s body is unique; thus, it may take more time depending on how you heal and your overall health. You may feel tightness, soreness, or pain in your chest for several days. Your surgeon will provide pain medication. Scars will fade over time. For the first 6 weeks you will need to wear a surgical bra for extra support and positioning of the breast implants. Strenuous and heavy activities are discouraged until you are fully recovered. Bathtubs and swimming pools should also be avoided for 6 weeks. It may take about three months or more before you can see the final results of your breast augmentation.
You can reach us from our 24/7 whatsapp line.