As you age, eyelids stretch and the muscles that support them become weaker with time. With Blepharoplasty it is possible to repair droopy eyelids and removes excess skin, muscle and fat.
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids. Surgery can be performed on the upper lids, lower lids or both. Whether you want to improve your appearance or are experiencing functional problems with your eyelids, eyelid surgery can rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes. At WorldClinica we offer very successful blepharoplasty procedures by one of the most experienced plastic surgeons in Turkey.
What blepharoplasty can treat:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
How is blepharoplasty performed?
The procedure is performed either under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation. If you have surgery on both your upper and lower eyelids, the surgeon will work on your upper lids first. A cut will be made along the fold of the eyelid and excess skin, fat and muscle will be removed, and then he closes the cut. The incision for lower blepharoplasty runs just below the lower lash line. Excess fat is removed to achieve a flatter and smoother eye contour. The skin is also trimmed and tightened.
Benefits with Blepharoplasty
There are many blepharoplasty benefits, both functional and cosmetic:
- Can eliminate dark circles and under eye bags
- Can improve vision
- Improved and youthful eye shape
- Reduced Skin Irritation from Excess Folds Rubbing Together
- A more youthful and rested look
- Firming and tightening of inelastic skin and lax muscles
- Can get rid of lines under eyes and eye wrinkles
- Natural results
Who is a candidate for Blepharoplasty?
Good candidates for eyelid surgery include:
- Patients with excess skin on the eyelids
- Patients with puffy upper eyelids that make them look less attractive
- Healthy patients with no medical conditions that can impair healing
- Patients with realistic goals
- Having eyelid that affect the eyesight
Recovery and results
You may expect some swelling and bruising after the procedure. The swelling and bruising typically subsides within a few weeks. You will be given medication to help control the pain and antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection. To prevent the eye from becoming dry, artificial tear drops are prescribed. Going back to work or out in public will begin in 5 to 10 days after your surgery and will be determined by your comfort level rather than a medical reason. However, it may take a few months before final healing is completed. Scarring for blepharoplasty is not an issue and is one of the least noticeable forms of facial cosmetic surgery. Furthermore, the results of eyelid surgery will be long-lasting. Following your post-operative instructions is essential to the success of your surgery. Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to care for yourself.
You can reach us from our 24/7 whatsapp line.